As some apps make it difficult or impossible for the majority of you to delete your account, there’s nothing bad in knowing the ways of how you can shut down your account from these apps. Taking into consideration the same fact in mind, today we’ve come out with this blog that contains the two possible ways and their step-by-step procedure of deleting one particular app called ‘Kik.’ Though, it’s a popular free messaging application that comes in both Android and iOS versions for making the process of chatting, video conferencing, downloading, and sharing content—quite simple. But, it’s not for everyone’s taste and thus, many of you want to delete your account from it as its appeal has faded for you all! So, let’s begin with the guide:
Way 1: Temporarily Delete your Kik Account:
- In order to delete your Kik account on a temporary basis, sign in to your Kik Messenger app from your mobile device.
- Then, hit the ‘Settings’ option which is there at the top of the app screen.
- From it, select your ‘Account’ option and note down your username.
- Further, select the ‘Email’ option and enter the recovery email address that you’ve access to!
- Then, hit the ‘Save’ button and close it.
- After that, open your inbox of the email that you’ve recently entered in order to tap on the ‘Confirm’ link.
- Now, visit the ‘Kik deactivation page’ using this link “https://ws.kik.com/deactivate” from your mobile browser.
- On the page, enter the email ID which is associated with your Kik account (that you’ve updated in the above steps) and then, tap the ‘Go’ button.
- After doing so, a message will be sent to the same email account containing the deactivation link.
- So, simply click on the same ‘Deactivate’ link to select the reason that best explains your reason for deactivating the Kik account. That’s it!
Way 2: Permanently Delete your Kik Account:
Before proceeding with the process of deleting Kik messaging application account, remember that permanently deactivation or deletion of your account from the Kik app indicates the following —
- Your account on Kik app will no longer be accessible
- You’ll no longer receive messages or emails like you earlier receive on your Kik account.
- Your Kik username won’t be anywhere searchable on the Kik application.
- And, last but not the least; Your Kik account profile will be immediately deleted from your contact lists of people with whom you’ve talked to generally on the app.
- Also, you’ll no longer be able to retrieve back your Kik account in order to access any required information, data, contacts, message history, and many more such things.
Now, as you’ve got enough understanding of the consequences of deleting your Kik account permanently; if you’ve still decided to delete your account then, let’s begin with the step-by-step procedure for the same—
- In order to delete your Kik account permanently, you’re required to visit the ‘Kik Delete Page’ using this link ‘https: //ws.kik.com/delete’ from your mobile web browser.
- Then, as per the steps in an above-given way, enter your ‘Username’ along with your email address that is associated with your Kik account.
- Following that, simply from the drop-down options, select the reason for why you’ve decided to permanently delete your Kik account.
- After that, checkmark the box that reads—“I understand that I’m permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to log in again to reactivate it.”
- Once you put the check mark in the box, tap on the ‘Go’ button to allow Kik to send you a message that will contain the link for permanently deleting the Kik account.
- As soon as Kik messaging app emailed you on your email address which is associated with your Kik account, open it and click on the ‘Permanently Deactivate’ link.
Congratulations! If you’ve performed the aforementioned steps correctly then, you’ll surely be able to delete your account from Kik messaging application.
However, that’s not it! If you belong to the category of responsible parents who want to also delete the Kik account of your children as well then, here’s something for you all. Have a look on how as a parent you can request for deleting your child Kik account:
- First, make a note of the email address of your child which is associated with your child’s Kik account.
- Then, open your mobile browser in order to login to your email account (no matter with which domain it is associated with).
- Once you logged in, mail on this ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ email address including the subject as ‘Parent Inquiry.’
- In the email body, include the list of your child’s Kik username as well as the Child age.
- That’s it! Then, hit the ‘Send’ button and after that Kik’s customer service team itself will contact you in order to provide you a form to fill in as a process.
- And, all you have to do then, complete the form with all the necessary details and submit it for processing the deletion request of your child’s Kik account.
That’s all! Hope you all now have a clear understanding of the process of how to delete the Kik messaging account either temporarily or permanently along with the guidance of how you can request for the account deletion of your child as well. Still for further assistance visit the website ‘Getassist’.